Vegan tempeh hash produced with seasoned-potatoes and tempeh. Produced in one skillet and perfect for breakfast or as meal prep. It is satisfying, easy to make, and healthy! You will not regret after trying this. because it has extraordinary flavors.
The next time if you are wondering exactly what to make for breakfast, then why not to try a tempeh hash? A cozy breakfast tempeh hash is ideal for every moment.
I really like breakfast hashes since they require minimal prepand only requires a little time. If you are new to vegetarian or vegan cooking, then this is an easy and suitable way to start!
During the winter time, it is the perfect warming breakfast. And during summer time, it is a fantastic way to make a one-dish meal without the oven!
What kind of potatoes work in hash?
Starchy-potatoes like russets function best at a hash since they become crispy and gold during roasting. Waxy-red or new-potatoes (small-potatoes) become soft and creamy through cooking, so that potato do not crisp up.
Balance vegan breakfast
This tempeh hash produces a balanced vegan breakfast. Tempeh is the most important protein source and potatoes supply a hearty helping of carbs. Add red bell-pepper and onion for sweetness,and kale to get healthy food from green vegetables.
Why you steam tempeh?
Have you have discovered that slightly tangy taste in tempeh? Steaming eliminates that astringent taste that some might not appreciate. Steaming tempeh before ingestion also moisturizes it to ensure that it more easily soak up seasonings.
Do I have to use cast iron skillet?
Any non-stick skillet will do the job for a stove-top hash. Cast iron skillets are helpful if you would like to move the hash into the oven. In this recipe you can use any substantial non-stick or cast iron-skillet.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Vegan Tempeh Hash with Seasoning Potatoes, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Maybe you like this other Delicious Recipe:
- White Beans With Mushrooms And Marinara
- Vegan Curry Soup With Tofu
- Easy Vegan Mushroom Stew
- Miso Glazed Mushrooms
- Easy Vegan Pad Thai
Vegan Tempeh Hash with Seasoning Potatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 8 oz tempeh
- 2 cups kale sliced thin
- 1 tbsp chili-powder
- 1 tbsp maple-syrup
- fresh-basil for topping
- 1 red bell-pepper diced
- 1 tsp smoked-paprika
- 1 tbsp soy-sauce reduced-sodium1 tbsp olive-oil
- 1 yellow-onion small and diced
- 1 1/2 lb russet-potatoes diced into 1/2″
- First, becarefull when use a knife or clean hands to crumble the tempeh into bite sized bits. Add into steamer basket and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Then, mix together marinade ingredients in a small bowl: maple-syrup, chili-powder, soy-sauce, smoked-paprika, cumin. Put aside.
- In a massive cast iron or non-stick skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive-oil on moderate heat.
- After warm, add the diced-potatoes, red bell-pepper, and onion. Add the steamed-tempeh. Drizzle with all the marinade, stir with a spatula so that you can evenly coat the ingredients.
- After that, continue to cook over moderate heat, turning occasionally to evenly cook. The hash is ready when the potatoes can be easily pricked with a fork and crispy on the surface.
- Once potatoes are cooked through, stir at the sliced kale. It will wilt in the warmth of the potatoes.
- Serve garnished with fresh-basil. And you can enjoy it. Or you can keeps well refrigerated for up to 5 days. if you want to eat it again, reheat in a skillet to maintain crispy or in a microwave.