Most packed bell-pepper recipes have meat in them,cause it I wanted to make a vegetarian version that is still filling and just as yummy. Seriously! love this recipe turned out and that I sort of want to eat them on my daily. When come summer months (when bell-peppers are abundant and cheap), I intend to create them weekly. Full of vegan and vegetarian stuffed-bell-pepper which are filling and easy to make!
I have leaving tomorrow to spend a long-weekend at a cabin with a few friends. This is our fifth year in a row, it has become one of our favourite trips every year. We don’t pretty much anything but eat, drink, sleep and above all is spend a good deal of time in the hot tub.
That having been said, i will keep this fairly short and sweet now.
You know, the wonderful thing about those peppers is they’re quite versatile. I am always become a fan of readily adaptable recipes so you can use exactly what you have or what you would like. You can swap out the veggies if you would like,you can use quinoa or brown-rice instead of the white-rice. And also swap the lentils for chickpeas or something like that.
They are really easy to mix in together (particularly when you super lazy and utilize pre-cooked lentils and rice). They are completely vegan and vegetarian because I actually wanted to make a fantastic meat free edition. finally, mission done!
What is in these Stuffed Peppers
Let us do a fast check of those ingredients in this recipe. Again feel free to make substitutions as you want!
- Rice: I always use basmati rice since I really like it and we purchase it in bulk so I have it available. Here is my favored way of cooking basmati rice in my immediate pot. But remember, you can swap this for brown rice, quinoa, or else.
- Lentils: I chose lentils because I wanted to add a good source of plant protein.
- Veggies:I used mushrooms,zucchini, and onion in this recipe but it can be change for another similar veggies!
- Bell-peppers: Use all kinds of peppers you want or what you have. I like mixing all kinds because it colorfull and beautiful
- Tomato-Sauce:I wanted them to have a little bit of an Italian Stuffed-Peppers feel so the Italian seasoning and tomato sauce actually give a vibe and I really like it.
To make it, you only need saute the veggies a little to soften them and then add the remaining ingredients. When the stuffing is completed, It is only a matter of placing it in the bell peppers and then baking them for approximately 40 minutes.
Simple and easy, right!
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Vegan Stuffed Peppers, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Maybe you like this other Delicious Recipe:
- Vegan Wild Rice Soup With Jackfruit
- Vegan Kidney Bean One Pot Pasta
- Nut-Free Vegan Creamy Pasta With Butter Beans
- Mermaid Crunch Thai Salad
- Cajun Sweet Potato Rice Bowl
Vegan Stuffed Peppers
- 1 ½ tsp Italian-seasoning
- 1 medium zucchini chopped into small sized
- 1 small sweet onion chopped, about a cup
- 3 garlic minced
- 3 bell-peppers cut in half
- ¾ cup cooked-lentils
- 1 cup cooked-rice white/brown
- 8 oz mushrooms roughly-chopped
- ½ tsp black-pepper
- 1 tbsp olive-oil
- 1 can tomato-sauce divided
- ½ tsp salt
- First, Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a medium casserole dish.
- In case you haven’t already done, go ahead and cook the rice and lentils.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat. Then, Once hot! add the garlic, onion, mushrooms and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add from the zucchini, Italian-seasoning, pepper, salt, and also 3/4 of the tomato-sauce (setting the rest aside for topping afterwards ).
- Stir to mix all and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 3 more minutes then remove from the heat.
- Mix in the cooked broccoli and rice until completely blended.
- Remove the seeds and white-pieces from your bell-peppers then put them in your greased baking dish.
- Next, Stuff the peppers with all the veggie or the rice mix and top equally with the remaining tomato sauce.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- after cooked, remove it. let it cool slightly and then you can enjoy it!