It’s only takes under 10 minutes, but still filling and satisfying, that’s a vegan chocolate-coconut oatmeal with caramelised-banana. It’s gluten-free and oil-free, with an overnight oats option, so it’s perfect for my comforting breakfast. To start a healthy day for this morning, I serve it with berries.
The main reason why I really love to starting my day with oatmeal is due to how fulfilling and satisfying it is. It’s easy to make, it very voluminous, and undoubtedly causes something to look forward when I am on my way back from my hard activity in morning.
With caramelised-banana over the top, it’s become my super favorite part. And, although the ingredients are wholesome and healthy, this recipe be your dessert for breakfast.
The chocolate-coconut combo is one of my favorites. The coconut isn’t overpowering in this recipe in any way, but it still give a subtle hint of sweetness. I used black-chocolate for this recipe to get an extra indulgence. So yummy!
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Vegan Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Maybe you like this other Delicious Recipe:
- Classic Pasta Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Lo Mein with Garlic Beef and Broccoli
- Tomato, Corn, & Peach Arugula Pasta Salad
- Blackened Shrimp Avocado Burrito Bowls
- Korean Ground Beef and Veggies
Vegan Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal
- Non-stick sauce-pan
- Non-stick frying pan
- 1 cup gluten-free oats quick cook
- 1 lemon zest of
- 1 tbsp coconut-sugar
- 1/3 tin coconut-milk
- 1 1/2 cup plant based-milk
- 1 oz dark-chocolate or 1 tbsp cacao-powder
For the caramelised banana:
- 1 tbsp coconut-sugar
- 1 large banana chopped
- First. add dark-chocolate, oats, lemon-zest, coconut-milk, plant-based milk and coconut-sugar into a non-stick sauce-pan.
- Then, cook over a moderate-heat and stirring frequently approximately 5 minutes, or until the oatmeal reachesyour desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, caramelise the banana. You need to heat coconut-oil at a non-stick frying-pan on a low-heat with 1/2 tsp water.
- Then, add banana-pieces and fry for about 2 till 3 minutes for each side.
- Next, serve oatmeal with caramelised-banana over the top together with toppings of your choice.
- Overnight oats option:
- Stir together oats, lemon-zest, plant-based milk, coconut-sugar, coconut-milk, and a tbsp cacao-powder.
- Then, transfer to a jar or airtight container and leave in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes, ideally overnight.