This Sweet Potato & Quinoa Chili recipe with black-beans & kidney-beans is hearty and full of flavor. And also makes a fantastic vegan dinner, lunch or dinner prep thought! Includes options for stovetop and slow-cooker. Sweet-Potato & Quinoa-Chili is thick, hearty and always a fantastic thing! It full of fiber, protein, minerals and vitamins, this easy and simple.
Foods which could easily fit in your meal rotation. Such as this vegetarian Sweet Potato & Quinoa Chili, that was actually i love and want to share to you. As we could find a little bored with the usually meals, it is wonderful to have simpler choices which come together within a snap.
Can you freeze the quinoa chili?
Abosolutly. It freeze amazing for as many as 2 to 3 months! My favourite methods to freeze this sweet-potato & quinoa-chili is really in individual or 1 portion sizes utilizing freezer safe containers. When I wish to cozy up with a bowl of hot soup that I will simply pull it out of the freezer and then heat it up. It is also possible to freeze-bigger portions in big ziplock-bags or containers.
Why is this chili recipe so great?
- Because it easy and really delicious, bring on the chili!
- There is nothing complicated in this recipe, everything is most likely in your kitchen right now, or you may discover straight away in your favorite grocery-shop.
- This thick and hearty sweet potato & quinoa chili has lots of protein, essential-fiber, minerals and vitamins while being flavorful, yummy and satisfying.
- It is gluten-free, nicely balanced, very low-fat and contains an option to be oil-free!
I enjoy to find these easy and simple dishes that really work and could be created over and over again.I’m absolutely sure you will enjoy and love this chili, and in the end you will often make it throughout the chili-season.
How long you will keep the leftovers?
Leftovers will keep for 5-6 days in the fridge, saved in a covered container. You can re-warm on the stovetop or the microwave. So, it makes a fantastic meal-prep for the week.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Sweet Potato & Quinoa Chili, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Maybe you like this other Delicious Recipe:
- Steak Bites With Sweet Potatoes And Peppers
- Almond Butter Thai Quinoa Salad
- Honey Balsamic Chicken
- Baked Mozzarella Chicken Rolls
- Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes With Mediterranean Quinoa
Sweet Potato and Quinoa Chili
- 5 – 6 garlic minced
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili-powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- a pinch of garlic-powder
- a pinchof onion-powder
- 1 cup quinoa dried
- 15 oz kidney-beans (1 can) drained and rinsed
- 1 lb sweet-potato diced (with or without skin)
- 15 oz black-beans (1 can) drained and rinsed
- 6 oz tomato-paste
- 1 onion medium size & diced
- 1 tbsp olive-oil*
- 15 oz tomatoes** (1 can) fire-roasted diced(with juices)
- 5 – 6 cups water***
Optional garnish for serving:
- onion and/or jalapeno diced
- avocado diced
- In large pot or dutch-oven, heat oil on moderate-heat.
- Add onions, cook till tender and edges-browned, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer.
- Then, add the chili-powder, tomato-paste, sweet-potato, cumin, beans, diced-tomatoes, oregano, garlic & Onion-powder, quinoa, and broth/water, Stir until blended.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover slightly ajar and cook for about 30 to 40 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Chili is prepared when the sweet-potatoes are tender. Add extra-water if chili is too thick for your liking.
- Add all the garlic, onion, diced-tomatoes, beans, sweet-potatoes, quinoa, tomato-paste, chili-powder, cumin, oregano, garlic-powder & onion and broth or water to the bottom of the crockpot then insert, stir until blended. Turn on low-heat and cook for 6 to 8 hours or you can turn on high-heat and cook for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve with your optional garnishes.
- Enjoy it.