This Super-Green Vegan Taco Salad is really healthful, yummy and packaged with 4 kind of greens. Seasoned lentils along with jalapeño cilantro-dressing.
Sometimes you want all your favorite taco tastes, but you wan it in the form in a large-bowl of healthy greens. You think it impossible? I am here to explain to you just how you can make a taco salad that’s not just yummy, but is fill full of greens, lots of protein and yummy dressing.
Protein in this salad come out of lentils. Lentils are one of my favourite legumes. It really easy to find at any grocery-market, It have all the flavors of your seasoning and they’ve a great deal of protein which is going to keep you full more longer.
Currently, to make this a super-green salad, I used 4 distinct kinds of greens like: spinach, arugula, brussels sprouts and microgreens. You can change it to your liking or only use green. However, I love the different tastes and textures that you get when you use different kinds of greens.
Last detail of the salad is the dressing. It’s spicy, tangy and fits the super green theme of this salad. This salad is perfect for meal prepping. Prepare the greens, dressing and lentils, keep everything in separate containers. Whenever you’re ready to eat, heat your lentils and and gather each part of the salad.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Super Green Vegan Taco Salad, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Maybe you like this other Delicious Recipe:
- Vegan Kidney Bean One Pot Pasta
- Vegan Eggplant Butternut Squash Curry
- Mermaid Crunch Thai Salad
- Fresh And Easy Vietnamese Noodle Salad Recipe
- Cajun Sweet Potato Rice Bowl
Super Green Vegan Taco Salad
For the Lentils:
- 1 tbsp olive-oil
- 2 cups cooked-lentils
- 1/2 red-onion diced
- 1 bell-pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 packet taco-seasoning
For the Dressing:
- 2 garlic
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 tbsp apple-cider vinegar plus more to taste
- 1 jalapeño roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive-oil
- 3 tbsp vegan-mayo
For the Salad:
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 6 cups greens
Prepare the lentils:
- heating the olive-oil in a pan over moderate-heat.
- Then, add the red-onion, bell-pepper and half the taco seasoning to the pan. Continue to cook, stirring often for 5 minutes (or until the veggies are tender).
- Add the lentils and the remaining of the taco seasoning to the pan. Stir until everything is blended and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to low until ready to serve.
Prepare the dressing:
- add all the ingredients into a blender. Then, pulse until blended.
- Taste and adjust the vinegar, pepper and salt as necessary.
- Set aside until you ready to use.
- Add your greens into a large bowl and toss to blend. Plate your greens into 4 different bowls. Top each bowl with pepitas lentils and a drizzle of dressing.
- Serve and you can enjoy it.*
- Tips: I always buy pre-cooked lentils. You can usually find them on your grocery-market fridge section close to the item or you can also possible to purchase them dry then cook them on your own.
- If you want to keep it for later, i suggest to separate the cold and warm ingredients, it makes you more easier to store the leftovers.