An amazing Southwestern Quinoa Salad it’s fast and easy for meal or side-dish. This recipe spiced up with roasted sweet-potatoes, black-beans and avocado leaves. And It’s also gluten-free, vegan and flavourful.
Are You a fans of new Mexican food? If yes, You’ll like this recipe! It is possible to make ahead on weekend then lunch with that recipe for a few days. If Your serving it for lunch, then it’s got lots of protein and healthy fat for You. But if you would like to fill your tummy, I love to serving it on a bed of greens veggies.
We have made this quinoa-salad several occasions because it is clearly super great, easy and amazing for make ahead lunch choice.
And, it is a nice as a side-dish for a parties, you also could add tortilla-chips for the dipping or served along with blackened seafood and or roasted-chicken, etc.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Southwestern Quinoa Salad, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Maybe you like this other Delicious Recipe:
- Vegan Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal
- Classic Pasta Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Lo Mein with Garlic Beef and Broccoli
- Tomato, Corn, & Peach Arugula Pasta Salad
Southwestern Quinoa Salad
- 1 large sweet-potato chunks to bite size
- 1 cup uncooked-quinoa rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell-pepper or orange bell-pepper, seeded, and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh-cilantro minced
- 1 cup black-beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen-corn thawed
- 1/4 cup red-onion minced
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 tsp chili-powder
- 1 lime-juice
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 tbsp olive-oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 sea-salt more to taste
- ground black-pepper to taste
- a pinch cumin
- First, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Next, toss chunk-potatoes with 1/2 tbsp olive-oil, Then, season with salt and pepper.
- Then, arrange evenly and well on a baking-sheet. Bake in oven approximately 25 till 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. When done, set aside and let potatoes to chill.
- As same time, cook quinoa according with package-directions. And, set aside and let quinoa to chill.
- Next, in a big mixing-bowl combine roasted sweet-potatoes, black-beans, cilantro, corn, shallot, bell-pepper, and avocado.
- Then, add 1/4 cup olive-oil, lime-juice, black-pepper, cayenne, chili-powder, cumin, and sea-salt. Gently mix the salad until well mixed. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Last, serve the salad immediately, or you can chill the salad intp the refrigerator a couple hours prior to serving. And, sprinkle of feta-cheese or queso-fresco when serve it, if you want.