This reassuring Lentil Bolognese is your greatest healthier comfort food. It’s full with lentils and veggies, it can be one of your favorite dish. You know! This lentil Bolognese-sauce that’s vegan-friendly, packed with flavour, and gluten-free!
This recipe for Lentil Bolognese is packed with flavour, and can be equally as tasty as a traditional bolognese-sauce. This is among my best dinner recipes to make when I need a hearty and comfy pasta dish.
You need to devote a bit more time to make this recipe. it’s for making a super-rich and flavourful bolognese-sauce. But! Trust me, it is so well worth it. Time is in fact the key ingredient which produces a bolognese taste so yummy. It allows all of the flavours to truly come out and produces a sauce that’s just so really amazing.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Lentil Bolognese, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Maybe you like this other Delicious Recipe:
- Vegan Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
- Pasta With Spinach Sauce
- Cauliflower Taco Bowls With Creamy Vegan Cilantro Ranch
- Asian Noodle Salad
- Crispy Sesame Tofu With Zucchini Noodles
- 2 tbsp avocado-oil or vegetable-oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 portobello-mushroom
- 1 red-pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups tomatoes crushed
- 2 bay-leaves
- 1 tbsp coconut-sugar or brown-sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Italian-seasoning
- 4 garlic
- 2 big-carrots
- 2 celery-stalks
- 3/4 cup red-wine*
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups cooked lentils I use french-lentils**
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 large handful of fresh parsley finely chopped
- pasta or spaghetti squash, rice or other for serving
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- First, add garlic, onion, celery, carrots, mushroom, and pepper into a food-processor and chop into small pieces.
- Then, heat oil in medium-high heat on a pan and add-in chopped vegetables and salt.
- Brown the vegetables on a pan for about 15 minutes and stirring frequently. (Don’t skip this step! Browing the vegetables is where each of the flavour occurs!).
- When the vegetables are browned, add-in the red-wine. And, cook on medium-heat until the wine is evaporates.
- Next, add crushed tomatoes and lentils, and the remaining ingredients (except the pasta) and mix together until all mixed.
- Reduce the heat to low and pour water and then cook down for 20 minutes more.
- Remove the bay-leaves, and slightly pulse the sauce using an emulsion-blender.
- Last, serve it on your favorite spaghetti or pasta.