You know, this easy vegan butter ‘chicken’ substitute is made with chickpeas and peanut butter to get a remarkably creamy, pleasing result that is perfect for a weeknight dinner. Savoury, gluten-free, oil-free, and wealthy, this vegan is prepared in just 15 minutes.
It is cool that today we understand how to veganise anything. AND keep it healthy. That doesn’t exclude recipes which have title both’butter’ and’chicken’. Now I am pleased to present my alternative meal to butter chicken.
Thus, continue reading to find out all about these butter chickpeas and how to make it! That is clearly one you wish on your own dinner.
Vegan butter chicken made easy
That is definitely true about this vegan butter-chicken. The major ingredient is chickpeas. In the realm of beans and pulses, these are probably becomes my favorite. They are super flexible and have a fantastic flavour which is employed in sweet and savoury dishes alike.
I am always glad when I have the ability to recreate a favorite non-vegan dish with no fancy ingredients. Sure, it might not be precisely the same, but the tastes are extremely similar and using plant-based ingredients makes this dishes special and unique.
I created this dish when coming up to my family. They are all lifelong eat veggies, but my butter chickpeas vanished in a few minutes.
As for the sauce? It’s really well-flavoured using a combination of spices which you probably have in your cupboard already, and tomatoes. The primary ingredient is peanut-butter. It adds that identifying creaminess and richness which produces butter-chicken renowned and can keep everyone coming back for seconds.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Easy Vegan Butter Chicken (Butter Chickpeas), don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Maybe you like this other Delicious Recipe:
- Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Thai Peanut Cauliflower Wings
- Easy Vegan Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- Chickpea Salad Recipe | Vegan & Oil-Free
- Vegan Crispy Korean Bbq Tofu
Easy Vegan Butter Chicken (Butter Chickpeas)
- 1 tbsp curry-powder/vegan-curry-paste
- 1 can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup tomato-paste
- 1 can coconut-milk
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/4 cup smooth-peanut-butter
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp onion-granules
- 4 oz cherry-tomatoes halved
- 1/2 can tomatoes
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 medium-onion chopped
- Add the onion into a non-stick skillet and cook about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then, add the cherry-tomatoes and stir fry for a further two minutes, until the tomatoes cook down.
- Next, Add the onion-granules, chickpeas, canned-tomatoes, garlic, paprika and curry-powder. Stir for two minutes to coat the chickpeas with the spices and allow the spices to become aromatic.
- Pour in the coconut-milk along with the peanut-butter and tomato-paste. Simmer on a medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes, keep stirring regularly. Add more coconut-milk if it begins to get too dry or thick.
- In the last moment, stir in the tamari and you can serve immediately.