This easy Cilantro Lime chicken is made with super deliciously tasty marinade, low-carb and really perfect for those of you who are doing keto, paleo, and whole30 diets.
Cilantro Lime Chicken is fast to whip-up and using such a classic flavor combination it is quite difficult to beat! This chicken-marinade is easy to make and you can grill or bake the chicken, or cook it in a skillet. And what’s great about this chicken is after cooked it, you can keeps for a couple of days in the refrigerator, or you could freeze it.
Cilantro Lime Chicken is just one of my favourite meals once we wish to diet. Years ago when I first began eating diet, it was on a mission to attempt and produce all of my favourite diet-foods and Cilantro Lime Chicken was among the first things to get me that makeover!
How Long we can store it?
After cooked, you can store it in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 days.
Can I use dried-Cilantro?
I am really sorry, but I do not advise that. Dried-cilantro has much less taste than fresh-Cilantro and that I simply don’t think that it’s a fantastic substitute for this recipe.
Could I use Bone in Chicken-thighs?
Sure! you can utilize bone in thighs, so I advise that you remove the skin prior to marinating for best results. I’d use either the oven roasted mode. Or cook them on a grill over the hottest part first to sear them for 2 to 3 minutes for each-side, then finish them using the indirect-method of cooking that is not right over the hot-coals or flames.
Can I use Chicken-Breast?
Absolutely yes! Butut you may need to pound the chicken-breast to get an even thickness (to less than 1 inch) or otherwise it might take longer time to cook in a skillet and you risk getting it dry-out while it cooks.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Easy Cilantro Lime Chicken, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Maybe you like this other Delicious Recipe:
- Asian Noodle Salad
- Crispy Sesame Tofu With Zucchini Noodles
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Chopped Thai Salad With Coconut-Curry Dressing
Easy Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 2 lb chicken-thighs Boneless skinless
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black-pepper
- 3 tbsp olive-oil
- 3 garlic chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lime-zest
- 1 cup cilantro-leaves (about 1/2 bunch)
- 1/4 cup lime-juice (about 3 limes)
- First, insert all of the marinade-ingredients into a blender, and blend it until smooth.
- Then, put the chicken pieces in a bowl or ziplock-bag and add-in the marinade and make certain that the chicken is evenly coated.
- Let it marinate in the refrigerator for half an hour or up to 4 hours.
Oven Baked Method:
- First you have to preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Then, bake the marinated boneless and skinless chicken-thighs for about 25 to 30 minutes, Bone in thighs usually take about 45 minutes to cook.
- Check out that they are completely cooked to an internal-temperature of 165°F by using a digital meat-thermometer.
- First, sear the chicken-pieces for about 2 till 3 minutes for every side over the hottest part of the grill.
- You may need to move the chicken to the less hot part off the grill to finish cooking it, especially if you are using bone in thighs as they will take longer to cook than boneless skinless or pounded thin chicken-breast and may burn before they are fully-cooked if left over the hottest part of the grill.
- Boneless skinless thighs may take about 4 to 5 minutes for every side to cooked, bone in thighs can take up to 15 minutes per side.
- Check that it is fully cooked to an internal-temperature of 165°F using an electronic meat-thermometer.
- First, heat a cast iron grill-pan on a medium-high-heat and then pour the olive-oil.
- Then, grill each piece of chicken for approximately 5 minutes for every side or until that reaches an internal-temperature of 165°F, you check it using an electronic meat-thermometer (I don’t advise this procedure for cooking bone in thighs, use the oven or the grill).
- Marinate-time: For the best results attempt to marinate it for at least half an hour or up to four hour.
- Nutrition: Serving size is one boneless skinless chicken-thigh, that net carbohydrates are less than 1g per serving.