This easy and simple chopped Thai chicken salad includes large flavors of peanut-butter, lime, soy, chili, cilantro. Topped with a home made peanut dressing! Punchy, wholesome, crunchy, super-fresh salad.
The tastes in this dream food Thai chicken salad will rock your face off and makes your mouth unable to argue.
Carrots, cilantro, lime, peanuts, green-onions, green-papaya or mango, vinegar, soy-sauce, chili-pepper, garlic. All packaged together in an extremely textured salad ? wooowww!! It’ss amazing, I really like all of it.
First i made this recipe was, when we had been residing in the Philippines. So I used a green-papaya because I have access to those thing, i can get it easily. (Green papaya salad is a little number that’s a staple of Thai cuisine, and we had plenty of similar salads from the Philippines too). Semi-spicy, puckery punch is equal parts shocking and mesmerizing.
Here’s what I want you to do, If you don’t live in the tropics:
Create about 1 minutes attempt to find a green-papaya or green (under-ripe) mango, that is an excellent substitution. Peel it and grate it, but do not taste it because it is so sour and you are will be ruffled. Simply add it in the salad with the rest of the components, and the entire thing will dance.
In case you are coming up empty-handed, you might go with a ripe-mango that is sweet and yummy. Or you can use othercrispy vegetable that you want. Maybe like a raw-celery, raw-zucchini, raw-cucumber, bell-pepper, or even more carrots or cabbage.
Or whichever! choose your own adventure route as you choose, I truly don’t think you are likely to be sad about this punchy, crunchy, and super-fresh salad.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Chopped Thai Chicken Salad, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Maybe you like this other Delicious Recipe:
- Cajun Sweet Potato Rice Bowl
- Grilled Teriyaki Salmon Bowls – Paleo + Whole30
- Vegan Stuffed Peppers
- Healthier Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- Thai Peanut Ramen Noodle Soup | Vegan
Chopped Thai Chicken Salad
Thai Chicken Salad:
- 1 head of green cabbage (3–4 cups) shredded
- 1 green papaya or mango (1–2 cups) grated (optional)
- 1-2 large carrots (2 cups) grated
- 3–4 cups cooked-chicken shredded1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup fresh-cilantro chopped
- 3-4 red serrano-peppers sliced
- 1/2 cup green-onions sliced
- 1 small knob of fresh ginger peeled
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut-butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sesame-oil toasted or dark
- 1/4 cup rice-vinegar
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy-sauce
- 1 fresh-garlic peeled
- 2 tbsp chili-paste or sriracha
- Chop: First, start with chop in the veggies!
- Dressing: Bring each of the ingredients in the food processor or blender, adjust consistency with water.
- Thai Chicken Salad Assembly: Toss the salad ingredients in a large-bowl with a drizzle of peanut dressing everything becomes coated. Season with lime-juice and salt, and perhaps a shot of fish sauce in case you feel wild. Serve chilled.
- Vegetarian: You can create this with tofu rather than chicken!
- Chicken: Pulled rotisserie-chicken works as well. You also possible to cook chicken-breasts at the Instant-Pot (12 minutes, using approximately a cup of water,pepper and salt) and then shred it.
- Cabbage: You would like the cabbage to be somewhat vey thin, like it might be to get coleslaw. I did so using a mandoline.
- Leftovers / Make Ahead: It is possible to keep this for a couple hours when it is tossed with dressing, like in the event that you make it for lunch, then it is going to be quite fine for supper. However, for the best results, keep the leftover dressing and salad separate until ready to serve.