Healthful broccoli-cheddar soup is packed with broccoli, cheese and, garlic. This creamy velvety soup is a lot better compared to Panera’s broccoli-cheddar soup, it can be made just less than 30 minutes a fraction of the price!
This cheddar-broccoli soup has got first place for my family favorite soup recipes cause the cheesy flavor and creamy texture. And what’s amazing about this is that this recipe is secretly packed with lots of healthy and nutritious veggies.
The soup is made out of a nearly caramelized-onion and garlic-based and thickened with a roux (flour and butter mixture) then simmered with veggie-stock, carrots, and broccoli. In last step, to give it a velvety smooth texture for this soup, add half & half and freshly grated cheddar-cheese. The end result is a deliciously rich, creamy and thick broccoli soup that’s loaded with comforting flavors of cheddar and broccoli.
You can Freeze This Soup
To refrigerate, you just need to place leftover in airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days. Reheat on the stove-top over medium-low heat. But if you want to freeze it, You have to put it in freezer-safe zip bags and freeze flat or into freezer-safe containers. To reheat, You just need to thaw completely subsequently heat on low heat to avoid curdling.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Broccoli Cheddar Soup, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Maybe you like this other Delicious Recipe:
- Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies without Bake
- Vegan Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal
- Classic Pasta Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
Broccoli Cheddar Soup in 30 Minutes
- large-dutch oven, or pot
- 3 cups broccoli-florets or 1 large head, cut into small pieces
- 8 oz block cheddar-cheese grated or 2 cups (mild, medium, or sharp)
- 1 large carrot grated, julienned or finely chopped
- 2 cups half & half or milk or light or heavy cream
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 2-3 garlic minced
- 4 tbsp butter ½ stick
- ½ medium onion chopped
- ¼ tsp paprika or ground nutmeg, optional
- 4 tbsp All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp black-pepper
- 1 tsp kosher-salt
- First, melt butter in a pot or large-dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Then, add onion and cook approximately 3-4 minutes until softened and light golden, a nd add garlic and simmer for another minute more.
- Next, add flour and whisk for about 1-2 minutes or until flour begins to turn golden colour.
- Then, pour chicken-stock, carrots, broccoli-florets and seasoning. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until broccoli and carrots are cooked through.
- Next, stir in cheddar-cheese and half & half and then simmer for another minute more.
- Last, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve it with toasted-crusty bread or in a bread-bowl if you want.