Simple Thai Quinoa Salad is peppered with a colorfull vegetables and tossed in a creamy almond-butter sauce! That tastes like pad thai, but in form of a salad.
After I spending a few of days in Thailand, I back to home with a new obsession with things Thai-flavored. Visiting Thailand had always been my dream. I have always loved the food, It is so really excellent.
It reminds me about a super healthy version of Pad-Thai. Just like a Pad Thai however in crispy form of a salad.
The mix of vegetables provides the salad a perfect combination of tastes and textures. The carrots and bell peppers provide a hint of sweetness, whereas the cabbage and broccoli include their vibrant earthy flavors, that is balanced out using the brightness in the green onions. And also there is the quinoa that makes the entire salad feel light and fluffy.
However, what makes this salad clearly Thai-inspired is a wonderful dressing. A characteristic Pad Thai dressing consists of several ingredients, where I do not use in my kitchen. Refined-sugar, soy-sauce, fish-sauce, and processed peanut-butter is a few of it!
So instead of the traditional path, I went to get a clean eating variant and made a simple dressing which boasts a lot of taste and brings this entire salad into life. And because I know lots of you have peanut allergies, then I opted to make a creamy almond-butter dressing rather. Same great texture and and the nutty flavor is more better!
And you know! The dressing just uses five ingredients, is healthy, vegan and gluten-free. It begins with a mix of toasted sesame-oil, creamy almond-butter, and also gluten-free tamari. For some acidity, then I add in brown-rice vinegar and lime-juice. It is creamy, nutty and yummy!
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Almond Butter Thai Quinoa Salad, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Maybe you like this other Delicious Recipe:
- Healthier Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- Thai Peanut Ramen Noodle Soup | Vegan
- Blueberry Banana Protein Baked Oatmeal
- Chopped Thai Chicken Salad
- Kung Pao Cauliflower
Almond Butter Thai Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup broccoli-florets finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot shredded
- 2 green-onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped (optional)
- 3 cups cooked-quinoa
- 1 cup red bell-pepper julienned and cut into 2″ strips
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup creamy almond-butter or peanut-butter
- 1 tbsp brown-rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp gluten-free tamari
- 2 – 3 tbsp water to thin the dressing
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame-oil
- First, insert all ingredients of salad into a big-bowl, without the dressing and broccoli.
- If wanted, lightly steam the broccoli for 2 minutes (or 40 seconds in microwave) and move to the salad bowl.*
- Toss ingredients together to combine.
- Next, drizzle the dressing over salad.
- Then, toss again until everything is incorporated and evenly covered by the dressing.
- Finally , you can serve and enjoy it immediately. Or you can store it in refrigerator and serve when you want.